How do I send my crypto into Steakwallet from an exchange? How do I send crypto from Coinbase to Steakwallet?
You send your crypto into Steakwallet like you would send crypto to any other wallet addresses. Follow the instructions that your exchange platform provides you on transferring assets to another wallet. You will only need your Steakwallet address to input into the exchange platform for the transfer.
- Important: Different protocols have different wallet addresses. For example, your Ethereum wallet address is not the same as your Cosmos wallet address. Double check the address your are sending your assets to so that you do not lose them.
Example: Sending your crypto from Coinbase to Steakwallet
- On your Coinbase app, navigate to the Home tab, located at the bottom left-hand corner of the screen.
- At the top, select Send.
- Enter the amount and select the asset you want to send to your Steakwallet.
- Tap Continue.
- Enter your Steakwallet address on the recipient bar.
- Tap Preview Send.
- Tap Send now.
Allow a few minutes for your funds to be transferred and for your Steakwallet portfolio to get updated. As long as you have input the right Steakwallet address, your funds will reach your Steakwallet.
How can I receive Ethereum, Cosmos, Solana, or any other asset into my Steakwallet?
You can receive assets of different protocols in your Steakwallet by sending funds from a cryptocurrency exchange platform like Coinbase, Binance or Gemini or from a wallet like Metamask or Coinbase wallet into the digital wallet address connected to your Steakwallet account. To find the wallet address associated with your Steakwallet for different tokens:
- Tap on the asset to pull up the asset’s profile.
- Tap Receive.
- Tap Copy to copy your unique wallet address for that token or scan the QR code
- IMPORTANT: You will have different wallet addresses for different tokens and protocols. For example, your Ethereum wallet address will not be the same as your Cosmos wallet address. If you send your Ethereum funds to a Cosmos wallet address, you will lose your assets. To prevent this, double check the address you are sending your assets to.